Sunday, December 1, 2019

Blog 11


Image result for the frog king or iron heinrich
When I started this class, I didn’t know what to expect. I knew would be talking about fairy tales and comparing them to their movie adaptions, but I obviously didn’t know what tales we would be reading or what movies we would be watching. Before this class I didn’t know anything about Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, other than the fact that they were German. Now, I know where they were born, that they had siblings, where they went to school, and how they started collecting stories. Before this class, I never would have analyzed fairy tales so much. In this class, we discussed the meaning and symbols of everything in the tales. After taking this class I would probably dive more deeply into a tale when reading it. I can now watch a Disney movie and point several differences between the movie and the tale that it was based on. I never would have thought that I would or could write a page definition of a fairy tale. I didn’t realize before this class that a fairy tale is many different things and it has many different parts. And I didn’t really realize the magnitude of the power that fairy tales have. Disney movies are well-loved and some are very dear to people, but I didn’t realize the power that a fairy tale that is passed down through a family can have. Another thing that I’ve learned is that fairy tales are timeless and eternal. The fairy tales that we read as children stay with us our whole lives and they influence us. Fairy tales are for people of all ages and they live on because they mean something to people and they are shared and passed down.
Image result for hansel and gretel"Image result for bluebeard Image result for the robber bridegroom brothers grimmImage result for the fitcher's birdImage result for rapunzel grimm brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment